Sign in to follow this  
Avant1

Help with Juki DNU-241H: Presser foot not walking

Hey all. 

Let me preface this by saying that this is my first walking foot sewing machine and I just picked it up. I know only what I have read here and been able to glean through the few videos online of this model. That said, I am fairly mechanically inclined and am looking to tinker with this a bit myself to see if I can get it working.

My issue is that the presser foot is not walking. It is also not moving all the way down to the work surface (which I assume is not right). I am able to lift the foot with both the lever and knee. Also, there is a lot of slop in the lever on the back of the machine which again I assume is because the presser foot is not traveling all the way down to the work surface. 

I am looking for a manual for this machine if anyone has a link to one to help with diagnosis but given the wealth of knowledge here, I was hoping that someone could point me in a direction to start.

Here is a quick video to help with gaining an understanding of what is going on.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

@Adverse  Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.  This is where the sewing machine guys hangout.

Thanks, I thought I posted there originally so I appreciate you moving the thread

Hi. I appreciate your post. I'm having exactly the same problem with a Juki 1541s. Trying to solve it. Please share if you find a fix. I will do the same.

Thanks, Sean

Here's my post: 

User UWE solved this same problem for me on my 1541s. If the walking foot is set too high - so there is no pressure on it - the presser bar/foot doesn't move. On my machine, it's easy to misadjust the height of the walking foot so that it never presses on the material.