Sign in to follow this  
fredk

A handy concept on airbrushes

Whilst searching ebay for a cheap airbrush I came across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Action-Air-Brush-Airbrush-0-3mm-Kit-Gun-Compressor-Paint-Art-Nail-Art-/402246944638?var=&hash=item5da7c9477e

An airbrush with a mini rechargeable compressor.

Seems to charge through a USB port. ~~ I have a few items which 'charge' off a USB but I run them off a USB adapter  plug which goes into my mains electric socket

Potential as a starter set? Handy to have around the leather work area. No need to dig out the bigger compressor and the hoses

There are a great many of a variety of this set up currently on ebay, different types of airbrush and styles of the compressors 

Edited by fredk

I've been eyeing these up for awhile, and waited for airbrush reviews on them.  The reviews have been starting to come out lately.  It looks like some of the airbrushes included will flow air continuously and need to be turned off at the power switch when you don't want air, others only kick on when you start the air from the airbrush.  For the ones that do not flow continuously, it will use less battery.  Some of them can work with just about any airbrush, but may need an adapter to do so, and you may need to move adapters around to get it to work.   Unless your airbrush has built-in air flow control, you get whatever the compressor puts out.  They seem to move air at about 20-25 PSI, and not a large volume - that may not be enough to cover larger areas, but general consensus seems to be that they do work!

- Bill