Sign in to follow this  
hugocrafts

PFAFF 545 - Can't fit a new presser foot - my presser bar probably not genuine?

Hello, friends

So, recently I bought a new set of walking foot for my Pfaff 545 (right side on the photo). However when I tried to fit the presser foot, I couldn't change it. Then I noticed on the existing old presser foot (left on the photo) there's a small hole drilled under the bigger one (probably the bigger one is the original hole) and also the old presser foot is a little thinner than the new one. So, I guess my presser bar is not OEM or genuine for my 545 model, right? Seems like that, but the problem is I cannot find a presser bar spare part for the 545 models. I only found presser bar for 1245 but I guess they are very different. I was thinking to remove the existing presser bar and maybe drill and tap another hole above it because by using it like this as it is, I'm only limited to use just this one presser foot. What do you think I should do guys?

131578263_1008331356338588_285831320609981558_n.thumb.jpg.a29dd432be8441bfbe7bcc34f0f6a01f.jpg

Edited by hugocrafts

I really can't tell, but the image of existing presser foot looks like top of the shank is hacked off to make it work?  Also, I really can't tell if the new feet are correct for the Pfaff 145/545/1245.