Sign in to follow this  
JayEhl

This Texan should introduce his self

Hello all you fellow leather crafters. 

I live out her in Pearland, Texas (due south of Houston) and work in the IT field at a university.  I've been married for over 30 years and have two grown daughters and my German Shepherd.  And, the recent addition of a rescue doggy for the wife but thats another story.

I started my journey about a year and a half after seeing a random video about how to make a leather mouse pad from Weaver Leather and Chuck Dorsett.  A couple of weeks later I ran by the Tandy store and bought my starter kit.  I've yet to make the mousepad but boy have I spent some money on more tools, leather and accessories.  I've taken over the kitchen table (the wife has pretty much all of upstairs for her quilting, so... )   I told a friend that getting into a hobby can be as fun as expensive as you want it to be but none the less, I am having a really good time, de-stressing after work and lately, de-stressing during WFH-ing.  

I have two Tandy stores that are about equal distance apart (about 30 miles away) but would I would love to meet up and visit anyone else in the Houston area to just share some work, how to's and general fellowship and oh yea, coffee.  

Edited by JayEhl

:wavey:

Nowhere near Houston, .... but good to see ya in the leather.