MsEdna

Source for Badalassi, Walpier... leathers in Europe

So, I am trying to find the right leathers for my wallets and bags. As I am developing the designs, I use whatever leather is cheap and about the right thickness. As I get close to being happy with my designs, I am trying to find the right leather. While looking around, I found some interesting material from well-known tanneries such as J&JF Baker, Conceria Walpier, Conceria Puccini, and Badalassi.

Being located in Europe, I of course checked A.&A. Crack in the UK. Great range of leathers at reasonable prices, no doubt. My problem is the following though: Minimum order quantity is one hide and skiving is not possible if you buy less than 45 sqft. 

Does anyone know where to buy small quantities in different thicknesses of these well-known leathers? I am looking for quantities less than a quarter hide so I can try out different colors and thicknesses. Ordering in the US is an option but it takes forever and then there is customs...

Thank you for some input!

Have you tried Etsy? I’ve seen some EU vendors selling these in A3/A4/A5 sizes.  Premium prices but not bad if you just want to experiment with small pieces before investing in a full or half. 

17 minutes ago, Webicons said:

Have you tried Etsy? I’ve seen some EU vendors selling these in A3/A4/A5 sizes.  Premium prices but not bad if you just want to experiment with small pieces before investing in a full or half. 

Have not thought about Etsy, thanks for that. I will definitely have a look.