Sign in to follow this  
TracyMoss

Custom Spur Makers

Anyone know of any spur makers in colorado? Maybe someone just getting started.

Hi Tracy......Jayson Jones moved from Texas to west of Colorado Springs a while back. Jayson was a ranch cowboy and ranch manager for Beggs Cattle Co, and built spurs and bits part time for quite a few years. He now builds full time, and is a picker/singer with the Flying W Wranglers. His spurs and bits are outstanding, and a great feller. His website is :

www.jaysonjonesspurs.com .

Tracey,

Kevin Peebler is an outstanding spur/bit/buckle maker. He is located over here on the western slope in Delta. I'm not sure if he has a website, but if you need more info let me know.

Regards,

Daryl

Thanks, I'll look him up.

I have a pair of Kevin Peebler's spurs. They are very unique. I purchased them about 10 years ago from the Ruxton Trading Post in Manitou Springs, Colorado. The rowels have large rims and they literally "sing" when you walk. When I bought them, I remember finding Kevin's name on a website and discovering that he was in Delta. Today, I could not find a website for him so I would appreciate any information you could locate Daryl. I wanted to get an update on his work.

I have a pair of Kevin Peebler's spurs. They are very unique. I purchased them about 10 years ago from the Ruxton Trading Post in Manitou Springs, Colorado. The rowels have large rims and they literally "sing" when you walk. When I bought them, I remember finding Kevin's name on a website and discovering that he was in Delta. Today, I could not find a website for him so I would appreciate any information you could locate Daryl. I wanted to get an update on his work.

Joane,

Kevins number is 970-874-9708. As far as I know he is still in Delta.

Tracy,

what particular style of spur are you looking for? There are many many different types, Mexican, California, Midwest, Southwest, Northern Plains, ect, ect... Each type has it's own features and were developed in specific reigions by the reigions resident spur and bit makers. (In California the bits become even more reigion specific, Fresnos, Visalia, Santa Barbara, Carmels, well by now you got the picture. Each maker has his own style on top of the regional styles. If your looking for resonable spurs in the custom or semi custom catigory there are several. BC Silver in Modesto, CA sells quality Mexican made copies of most styles in the three hunded dollar range. (Again check for them in a Google search.)

I have made spurs and bits as a hobby which I will continue to do from time to time. The time and work involved make it clear as to why premier makers like "Marsh Bros." for example get high prices for thier work. I have a set of spurs that there is noway I would sell because of the time I have invested in them.

Just thought I'd mention this and perhaps give you another option or fill in until you can find the guy you really want to work with.