Sign in to follow this  
DonInReno

Consew 206RB hook adjustment slippage

My latest machine is a made in Japan Consew 206RB-1 in very very good condition other than it had a long history of hook timing problems.   It currently works fine, but the previous owner was convinced it will happen again soon, which is why she let it go for $100.

A quick google search turns up a lot of people with 206RBs and slipping hooks - does anyone have any insight as to why this model might have this issue more than others?    The previous owner had it retimed at the same sewing shop multiple times over the years and the screws on the hook appear to be properly tight.

If anyone has a 206RB I’d love to hear what to watch out for. 

4C2D771C-16C7-448D-995B-93A0E228A3C8.jpeg

This is the 1st I've heard that someone thinks that the hook on this machine will slip or come out of time more than any other.  The 206RB is a tried and true sewing mechanism.

Except from where we time the machine at handwheel to the hook, every shaft falls onto a flat spot on the shaft with a flat point screw or V ditch with a ball point screw.  See attached, these three screws are where we time the machine at. 

Consew206RBXRay.jpg

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

7 hours ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Except from where we time the machine at handwheel to the hook, every shaft falls onto a flat spot on the shaft with a flat point screw or V ditch with a ball point screw.  See attached, these three screws are where we time the machine at. 

Thanks Gregg - this information helped solve the problem in 5 minutes!    All day at work I was wondering what the problem was going to be and hoping it was an easy fix.

A quick check with a flashlight showed a screw not aligned with the corresponding v ditch.   The person that worked on it was using the two screws on the hook to time it rather than the three that you pointed out.

7D5AA374-9191-4C3D-AAC3-93D1B1430D0C.jpeg

Edited by DonInReno

That's it, you got it.