dzsteez

Zipper Experts? How to Sew This Zipper Connection

hello all..

i am not sure where to ask this, so i hope here is ok.

i am sewing a leather zipper pouch and i am having a lot of difficult figuring out how it is suppose to be done.

i have included some images. the first image is an example of what i am after. the following 2 images are what i have done and where i am getting stuck unable to figure out how to approach it. 

i have 2 main questions.

the side egge of the pouch runs vertically and was sewn inside out. however, there are stitches that are perpendicular to the side edge, but how was this sewn since the vertical edge creates a "wall" that prevents that area from laying flat. i have no idea how to get that kind of result. the image will show you what i mean.

how is the zipper tape terminated? again, the side edge has a "wall" inside the pouch and so there is no room for the zipper tape to terminate. this has been extremely frustrating trying to figure this out without tearing apart that pouch which was not an option.

any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

thanks!

MCQ curved zipper-low-01.jpg

outside.jpeg

inner-01.jpg

On the middle picture . . . if you take a needle and some black carpet thread . . . go up about 10 brass pieces . . . sew it together there . . . you shouldn't have any trouble.  The middle piece on the zipper puller will catch on the threads and stop.

At least that is the way I've done it in the past and it worked like a champ.

May God bless,

Dwight

@Hardrada, the example doesn't have any stops, which is why i was wondering how it was terminated.

@Dwight, i did consider hand sewing but it was such a tight spot with no easy way to jig it on the stitching pony. i will continue to give it a try.

thanks!