Sign in to follow this  
oldfarmboy

Juki LUH-521

Anyone know where to get a shop manual? Can't even find an operator's manual. :(

I'm wondering is there is a problem here? The machine is not stitching well at times. Notice the difference in the position of the fingers next to the bobbin cases? The right side is barely catching. It appears to be rotated away from the hook and bobbin case.  I haven't yet checked underneath for any way to adjust these fingers. By loosening the screw the finger could be moved forward or backward but not rotated and both seem to very similarly positioned in that respect.

I looked at the timing of the hooks and each is above the eye in the needle similar to all domestic machines so it appears that is OK.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

IMG_1993.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

Edited by oldfarmboy
spelling

Thank you for the reply. That search does not work on my computer, however it did work for my cell phone after following your link. Interesting.

This my first glimpse of a multi needle machine. Yes I noticed immediately that the left hook turns the opposite direction. There is a perfectly good reason for that. That allows use in design of many of the same parts from the right side. If both were to turn the same direction the left side parts would have to be a mirror image of the right side!

Under corrective measures it references (See xx-x in the SEPARATE INSTRUCTION BOOK. Wonder where to find that?

I notice that bobbin tension is essentially zero. No amount of adjustment on the screw changes tension. One bobbin case is ever so slightly better but the other, nothing. Removed and clean the debris but that didn't help. I suspect the spring is distorted but am afraid to try shaping it.

Anyway It seems to be sewing OK for the moment.

spare springs & screw or complete bobbin cases should be available. Check the parts list - google the part numbers or check with an industrial sewing machine dealer.