Sign in to follow this  
palvim

Adler 267-373 or Juki DNU-1541

Hi All,

I really want to purchase a flat bed machine. I've narrowed it down to these two that seem to be sold by the dealers in Sweden. The price is about the same for both machines here. And I really want to purchase the machine new locally in Sweden so I can get support in case I have issues with the machine and avoid business down time. 

Which machine would you choose and why? 

Thanks. 

Vimal. 

Forgot to mention that it'll mostly be used to sew leather wallets, bags, and thick canvas fabric products. 

20 minutes ago, palvim said:

I really want to purchase a flat bed machine. I've narrowed it down to these two that seem to be sold by the dealers in Sweden.

I think you selected two good brand name choices. I would recommend the Juki over the Alder but get the Juki DNU-1541" S " which has a safety clutch. If I am not mistaken the Alder (made in China) can handle a size 140 (#22) needle good for V138 thread on top and in the bobbin while the Juki (made in Japan) can handle a size 180 (#24) needle which technically is good for V207 but the machine is rated for V138 top and bobbin. My opinion of the Alder's size 140 (#22) needle capacity is it really is the bottom end of using V138 thread and limits the thread size to V92 in thick/tough leather or multi layers of heavy canvas. I prefer the reverse paddle lever of the Juki versus the stitch lever style of the Alder. On this side of the pond Alders parts and accessories tend to be much more expensive and not as abundant as those for the Juki machines.

kgg