randolphoriginals

500(ish) ft Swiss Chocolate, Saddle Weather Leather, grade TR-X

Originally purchased from Cudahy Tanning Company out of Cudahy, WI which merged with Prime Tanning Company out of Maine in 2007. 

Leather purchased in the 80s by my father who made fire bellows for LL Bean. 

Some still sealed in original packaging, some not. 

IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

I’m not sure what kind of leather this is. Would you happen to have pictures?

How much are you selling them for?

On 8/25/2021 at 2:52 AM, Inish89 said:

I’m not sure what kind of leather this is. Would you happen to have pictures?

How much are you selling them for?

I can take a picture of the package that is open but for preservation, I don't want to open the sealed packages of which the labels are photographed above. I understand that the TR stands for 'Tannery Run' but I'm not sure what that means exactly, or what the x means. It's difficult to name a price, because I'm uneducated in this area and it's hard to assess value online. Accepting offers.

I’m not sure, either. I just got into leather work as a full hobby. I would love to get a box from you, but I’m not sure how much to offer. Or how much it would be to ship it to me. 

(And I apologize for the delay in replying. For some reason, it didn’t notify me.)

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, randolphoriginals said:

I can take a picture of the package that is open but for preservation, I don't want to open the sealed packages of which the labels are photographed above. I understand that the TR stands for 'Tannery Run' but I'm not sure what that means exactly, or what the x means. It's difficult to name a price, because I'm uneducated in this area and it's hard to assess value online. Accepting offers.

Looking at a couple of the labels the leather is probably 3 1/4 oz in weight. That makes sense considering that it was used to make bellows. That is a lighter weight leather. Tannery Run or "TR" leather generally means that the hides are a mix of grades, some could be near perfect while others might have several flaws while the majority of the hides are somewhere in between quality wise. If you are serious about selling the leather you are going to need to show people what you have. You will not damage the hides by opening the bundles.

Most people won't buy leather without seeing what they are buying. In addition not too many people are going to be willing to buy that much square footage all at once. If you are just wanting to get rid of the leather price it at $2 0r $3 a sq ft. and someone might be willing to buy it.

Just my thoughts. Good luck, maybe somebody out there just can't live without it, you never know.

I’m still interested in this, depending on price. Thank you.