Airbus

Black spots on the surface

Please be patient as I don’t know the leather industry lingo. 
I had the center sections of my motorcycle seats replaced with an embossed leather reptile skin. The seat section I sit on has worked perfectly. The section my wife sits on has become another story. We first noticed a black spot that seems to have darkened and grown to an area the size of a half dollar. Now we are seeing another spot forward of the original. I took pictures and sent them to the installer. She asked to have the seat brought to her so she could remove the insert and look at the back side of the leather. As requested, I took the seat back to the her. She has done hundreds of motorcycles seats and says never seen this before. She removed the insert, hoping she would see something on the backside of the leather, that would explain the issue. No luck. 
Can any of you leather gurus shed some light on the subject? I wanted to attach a photo or two but having issues with the format. I’d be happy to forward them if someone’s interested.

Thanks for any and all help!

RG

Can we have some pics ?  Someone on here may know what it is and give you some advice. 

HS

Yeah, you gotta figure out how to post pics and then we may be able to help better. Iron will blacken most leather depending on tannage, but without seeing it, its hard to say with anything close to certainty.