Sign in to follow this  
makita

Line snap isuues

Hello, from Texas. A new member with a line snap mystery. I was gifted 40+ leather cuff bracelets already cut to length and machine stitched  with holes  punched. The leather is 6 to 7 ounce-ish. I have line 20 and 24 snaps. I used the the 24 snaps on 4 bracelets but the big snap diameter is too big plus the snaps are very hard to snap or unsnap. The mystery is that several of the bracelets have been set with what looks to be line 20 snaps (same 6-7 ounce leather), they work great and have good smooth operation. and the posts inside caps and studs look as they should with a nice roll over to secure. The line 20 snaps I have don't have  long enough post to set. I can't figure how they set them(the person who gave them to me is on their honeymoon and I don't to bother). I have been searching online for line 20 snaps with longer than 3/16 posts with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, getting a bit nervous these bracelets have been promised for a veterans PTSD benefit on the 9th of this month. A big thank you.

1 hour ago, makita said:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Here is a page from Ohio Travel Bag's 2016 catalog showing longer posts for Ligne 20 snaps toward the bottom. This is a standard item, so you will probably find any updated info on their website. Good luck.

Pages from P-216Catalog.pdf

Thank you LatigoAmigo, I think you saved my butt.

Makita,   Snaps...oh how I hate them.  some times you have to skive out a little dish if they are to short and sometimes you have to add a thin piece of leather. And i have found if the post is to llong, the post can be shortened using a dremel with a sand paper attachment.