DDJLeather

Landis 30 feed skews to the left.

My Landis 30 splitter is pulling to the left on pretty much anything wider than 2 inches. If I run the piece through after it starts pulling left, it will fold the piece and destroy it when it cuts through the fold it makes.

I'm thinking that the problem has to do with the springs that tension the lower roller, but I can't seem to find documentation on adjusting them. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Jones

Does it do it all across the blade or at a certain spot only?

Is your knife sharp, smooth, and properly aligned?

Problem happens regardless of how far right or left I start the split. knife is sharp, almost mirror finished, and aligned properly. The narrower pieces that I get through without any problem tend to be slightly uneven, side-to-side.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:15 PM, DDJLeather said:

My Landis 30 splitter is pulling to the left on pretty much anything wider than 2 inches. If I run the piece through after it starts pulling left, it will fold the piece and destroy it when it cuts through the fold it makes.

I'm thinking that the problem has to do with the springs that tension the lower roller, but I can't seem to find documentation on adjusting them. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Jones

I would say, post pictures. It's hard to go out on a limb to figure out by only staring into a crystal ball.