Hello to everyone! I would like to jump in as this looks like the place to hang out. I was invited to join and thought I would share a couple of pictures as examples of my work. I make a few holsters and sheaths and am just learning my way around this site. Anyway, hello. And Semper Fi to all the Marines in here.

John D

Beautiful work, I especially like the shoulder holster!

Semper Fi,

Brian

Welcome John. You may be new to this forum but, it is obvious that you are not new to leatherwork.

Beautiful work, I especially like the shoulder holster!

Semper Fi,

Brian

I hope I am doing this reply correctly. Thank you for the kind comments. No, not new to doing the work.

John D

Nice holster work. Send more photos of your work.

Semper Fi

Randy

Welcome, the more the merrier, plus we get to see lots of photos

Welcome and I agree with Jordan and Randy, send more photos. Your work is very good.

Welcome, the coffee pot is on. This is a great place just to hang out. You never know what you will learn.

Randy

Very nice work, did you have a pattern for the shoulder holster?

Thank you all. Randy, I know you through the ######. Thanks for the welcome.

Tracy, I basically copied the old Jack Ass now Galco shoulder holster. I always wanted one like Sonny Crocket wore in Miami Vice so I made one. The one pictured is the most recent.

I have another picture and maybe someone can let me know if it's legal in here. It's not a sheath but a display board for a Bowie. I call It the Babe and Blade. The basis is the reclining nude backside from one of the old books. Anyway, if a picture of a naked female butt is legal then I'll post it.

Wildirishrose

As much as I would like to say "Go For It" this sites kinda G rated. Now for the good news, we do have an adult area on this forum. Email the forum Admin. Johanna and request access to the adult area. You can post there.

Randy

Thanks Randy, It's not that important. I didn't want to offend anyone. I will follow up on that if I decide to try and post.

John D

Ive got a gun question for you. In many of the postings that I have seen here where the holster is photographed and posted, it appears that the hammer (of semi autos) is cocked. Look at picture two of thewildirishrose's post as an example. I'm not too familiar with the semi auto's but I would think that they should be uncocked. Maybe it's not cocked, I don't know. Set me straight someone, Why does it look cocked? Sorry to be so uninformed.

Kayak15

Howdy, John. Welcome to the forum! That's some beautiful work there. I would say it's enough to make Crockett or Tubbs jealous :yes: .

Kayak15 - Yep, it is cocked (and locked), as that particular pistol was designed to be. Until the safety is deactivated you can't even rack the slide on that beautiful pistol. Correct me if I'm wrong, thewildirishrose.

Oops- looked at the picture again and noticed it was a single stack! I thought it was a Hi-Power since I didn't notice a grip safety. It is still designed to be cocked and locked, though. Again, that's some great work!

Edited by BOOMSTICKHolsters

Thanks for the quick reply Boomstick, now I can go to bed!! I learned something, my day hasn't been wasted.

Kayak15

Kayak and Broomstick,

Thank you both for the kind comments.

That is a Colt 1911 .45 ACP Semi Automatic Pistol. As Kayak mentioned it is designed to be carried Cocked and Locked. As the weapon is drawn from the holster and brought up to the firing position the thumb will press down on the safety lever and the pistol is ready to fire. It does take a bit of pressure to release the safety. The Browning Hi Power uses the same basic design. To those not familiar with these pistols it would appear very unsafe. Once you get used to them it is all second nature.

Catch y'all later,

John D