My 145w204 had been sitting since the 70’s when I purchased it a couple weeks ago. It had no rust, but was covered in decades of warehouse storage, spiders, and varnished oil. Machine wasn’t seized, but very close to it. Mainly old oil that had turned to glue. Got it tore down and polished everything clean and smooth. Stitched like a champ. Belt came in and I swapped out the old dry rotted one. Still worked, but not for long. So I put the new belt on exactly like the manual calls for, and I’ve done it 50 more times to be sure. Long story short, everything looks perfect, hooks to needle, runs smooth and quiet, my problem, the feed dogs will not keep time with the needle. At zero feed yes, they line up, start adding stitch length and forget about. Almost seems like something is 180 degrees off. I did not  disassemble anything on the eccentrics, just clean and oil. I did check for loose bolts but all was good. So that’s the the gig, my feed dogs and needles won’t time, but everything else looks good. Any advice, hints, or means to a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

250DE4E6-0B45-4C9B-B611-B3B9F9490E5E.jpeg

79E6E58B-C6AB-44AB-95CC-F4E28E33D35F.jpeg

80EEDF98-CC71-4891-B123-BA4843C16A3D.jpeg

583B889B-948F-4751-A541-F87B3F1B36AE.jpeg

Did you check to see that the feed cams to make sure the screw marked w/a S is in the slot? Also when you going to change the stitch length make sure the lower button is going into the groove,sometimes you have to hold the one down & turn it one way or the other so the top one will go in.Once you get them both set where they go in @ the same time,be sure to unlock the top one b4 you turn the machine or you'll have to start over.

Cowboy Bob, you’re always ace when it comes to figuring things out. Thank you sir. It has to be what you lay out. The bottom feed is 180 degrees off from the top with No way of evening it out, unless that set screw spun on me. Im pretty sure you nailed. Again thanks sir. Cowboy for the win!

Edited by Garyak