JimiBees

Need help with Juki LU-563/3

InI am having a problem with the presser foot on my 563/3. I have followed Uwe’s video for alignment and timing and everything was working like clockwork, but I got a stray thread caught up and now my presser foot raises with my waking foot. I went back through Uwe’s video but have not found a resolution to the problem. Video attached. Many thanks!

Feet are out of sync.  There is a big  screw on top that you loosen.    It will release the inner presser foot.  Put inner presser foot all the way down until it touches the throat plate.  Turn balance wheel until needle  enters the inner presser foot and tip is at the very top of the throat plate.  Now tighten the big top screw.  Both the height of the  walk of the inner and foot should now be the same.  If not, you may have to fudge  the the point the needle just before it enters the feed dog or just after it starts to enter feed dog to get the walk of the foot the same.

glenn

Anytime I hit a wall, if the clutch pops I free up the jam then push the clutch re engagement button and turn the wheel away from me till it stops and clutch engages if it was set off. However, even after every run, especially super heavy I push same button and turn wheel back till it stops. Doing this brings back any time that was lost hitting a jam. Tighten it up before every run and she runs like a champ. If it wasn’t for a couple fellas from around here it would still be a mess. A lot going on with these rigs, but you can’t beat ‘em. 

D8A1E741-2030-4F20-9ADE-F3ECFCEBC032.jpeg

13 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Feet are out of sync.  There is a big  screw on top that you loosen.    It will release the inner presser foot.  Put inner presser foot all the way down until it touches the throat plate.  Turn balance wheel until needle  enters the inner presser foot and tip is at the very top of the throat plate.  Now tighten the big top screw.  Both the height of the  walk of the inner and foot should now be the same.  If not, you may have to fudge  the the point the needle just before it enters the feed dog or just after it starts to enter feed dog to get the walk of the foot the same.

glenn

Thanks Glenn, I have tried to set, reset and adjust the timing from the large screw on the rear pivot arm with negative results. 

I have also tried the clutch button, but never in reverse. I’ll try that tonight. It didn’t stop sewing when it jammed, I just noticed that it wouldn’t feed, then upon inspection found that the presser foot was lifting 2 distinctly different times; when it should and also with the walking foot. When it lifts with the walking foot, it doesn’t seem to lift as high. I know it can’t be anything too crazy as these machines are simple but precise. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:11 PM, shoepatcher said:

glenn

Thanks Glenn, I have tried to set, reset and adjust the timing from the large screw on the rear pivot arm with negative results. 

I have also tried the clutch button, but never in reverse. I’ll try that tonight. It didn’t stop sewing when it jammed, I just noticed that it wouldn’t feed, then upon inspection found that the presser foot was lifting 2 distinctly different times; when it should and also with the walking foot. When it lifts with the walking foot, it doesn’t seem to lift as high. I know it can’t be anything too crazy as these machines are simple but precise. 

Update, problem resolved. After more staring at my machine, I realized that my walking foot height had changed. After resetting it and then recalibrating all of the timings, I am back to sewing normal. Thanks to the help from the group. Happy sewing!