Sign in to follow this  
Dantan

FIPI FE 20/A maybe for sale?

Very long story short,   I recently moved my workshop,  broke my clicker press  (HSM F40) ,   bought a FIPI FE 20/A  on impulse,    but, then fixed my F40.   

I only need one,  so I am trying to figure out which is the better one to keep.    There are other factors,   like the location of the FIPI  (I have not picked it up yet).

Does anyone have any information about the FIPI FE 20/A ?

Are the numbers in the model name the pressure tonnage?    40 ton,  vs 20 ton?

From what I can see,  it looks like the Fipi may be more modern, and has better controls for the height/pressure,    but has a smaller head on it.

The F40 is a little larger,  has the old school cranks on the top of the head, to adjust height/pressure,   but has been a work horse that I have been using for 20 years.

Last question....   it looks like I may be selling one of them.   Any suggestions for fair prices?     (Anyone looking for a clicker in the Boston MA/ Nashua NH area?)

ok...   one more (embarrassing) detail from my "Long story short" ,     the F40 was "Broken" because somehow the phase converter I was using to make 3phase,  had a crossed wire.   The flywheel was spinning the wrong way.  :/