jlaudio29

Some Recent Work, Havnt Posted In A While

Ok, havnt had time to post in a while been so busy with things, but taking a minute to post before i have to go cook some dinner for the lady!!!

Here is a Pocket holster for a Kahr CM9 Saddle tan Horsehide, came out real nice.

243_2760.jpg

243_2761.jpg

Next is something new to me, it was requested by a customer, gave me a laundry list of what he wanted for the holster, rounded on the side that has the clip, clip/tuckable, Reverse cant to bring the handle of the revolver really close to the waist line, This is an AIWB for a Jframe.

243_2766.jpg

Next is an Avenger style holster with black elephant on the reinforcement piece, dont for a HK PSP

243_2776.jpg

243_2769.jpg

Next is a full horse hide IWB for a 5" inch 1911, Natural, with Natural thread.

244_3210.jpg

Next is a IWB with Black Caimen Alligator trim for a Ruger SR9c

244_3238.jpg

Next is an IWB done in Saddle tan with black airbrush accent around the edges for a Springfield Micro Compact Operator.

Untitled.jpg

Lastly is an IWB for myself, had a little free time and some herman oak that had some blems on the top grain, so decided to do Rough side out on the body, and Cognac Elephant trim on the throat and loops.

243_2714.jpg

Thanks for looking! enjoy

Hidden snaps on that last one? Pretty cool!

First, absolutely gorgeous! Is there a reason some of the interiors are not dyed? Customer preference or maker preference? Just wondering.

JlaudioI absolutely love your style!! It is so crisp and I like your understated boning lines. I personally don't like the style of making a cartoon of the gun on the holster. Your colors and finishes are just impeccable! Something that I find to be one of the most difficult areas of this work.I'm a fan!

From the grump; Damned nice work. Mike

Thanks for all the compliments guys, always appreciated.

Shooter - Yep hidden snaps, flat as can be, i have a tutorial for how i did it if anyone is interested.

Chief - No real method to my madness there, I dont like dip dying, and ive found that my customer dont really care what the inside looks like, i prefer it to be natural, no particular reason other then look i guess, shows off my ability to dye my edges and make them clean and straight, where with black or all the same color you can never have to worry about learning that skill.

Dfingers - i hear yah, colors and finish are a headache for sure but something that can make or break your work in my opinion.

Very nice, particularly fond of the elephant rig. I recently rushed my first attempt with it, and while I failed miserably it sure did look good!

Where did you order your tuckable clips from?

Yes i would love to see the tutorial for the hidden snaps.

Where did you order your tuckable clips from?

Yes i would love to see the tutorial for the hidden snaps.

It looks like a regular holster clip.... it's the way it's mounted that makes it tuckable....

It looks like a regular holster clip.... it's the way it's mounted that makes it tuckable....

Looks like a standard clip. You can get it at Tandy #1240-24 $3.49. You can also get this one from Tandy #1239-24 $3.49. It is a little longer and has an additional "bump" to help stop the belt.

I have used the second one for a tuckable and it works real well. For me even better than the first. I believe Springfield has them also.Basically you sheath the clip, rivit it in the sheath and then only attach the bottom of the sheath to the holster. The top is then tuckable. The one above it a very good example.

Edited by mlapaglia

Yah its just a standard tandy clip, nothing fancy. gets the job done.

Im wondering if i should just post a link to the tutorial here, or make another post specifically for it to make it easier to find and not potential clutter this thread up with discussion reguarding it.