amuckart

Singer 236W Parts And Belts

Hi all,

I recently acquired, along with a couple of Pfaff flatbeds, a 29k58, a Pearson #6 and a Marshall bell-knife skiver, a pair of Singer 236W post-bed machines for closing shoe uppers. One is a W100 and the other is a W111 with the built in lining trimmer.

IMG_0321.JPG

My plan is to use one and have the other head available to rob for parts if I need to. Unfortunately the belts are all a bit the worse for wear and need to be replaced.

Is there anywhere I can get replacement belts for these machines, or equivalent currently-produced belts that will fit?

I have an original user manual which I will scan and put online as a PDF soon. I've got the downloadable PDF service manuals too but the pictures are all unintelligible. Does anyone have a copy of the service manual they can share?

Thanks.

post-13283-127164119692_thumb.jpg

Measure the length and go to to the auto parts or farm supply store and get a fan belt. That's whats on my post machine.

Edited by dirtclod

Is there anywhere I can get replacement belts for these machines, or equivalent currently-produced belts that will fit?

Are you talking about the belts for the roller feed?

Are you talking about the belts for the roller feed?

Yep, top and bottom. I haven't had the machine apart far enough to get a good look at the other belt yet.

Measure the length and go to to the auto parts or farm supply store and get a fan belt. That's whats on my post machine.

Is that what you use from the motor to the head?

I'm looking for the internal belts that drive the upper feed. They're fairly thin flat belts. The under one is about 1/2" and the upper one is about 1/4" wide

I can get the belts for the roller feet,most other parts are still available for the 236 also.

Bob

I can get the belts for the roller feet,most other parts are still available for the 236 also.

Bob

Fantastic. I'll drop you an email.

Cheers.

I though you were wanting from the motor to the head sorry about that. Yes i do use a reglar fan belt from the motor to the head.

On Monday, April 19, 2010 at 0:06 PM, amuckart said:

Fantastic. I'll drop you an email.

Cheers.

Hi, I know this is an old topic. I have an old 236W-100 standing around that are missing these same belt you talking about. I do not know what I'm going to do with this machine, I got it for free myself. I tried to give it away a couple of times without luck :)  However, I guess it would be easier with a working machine.  I might also use it for some delicate work myself, I sure like the look of the head. Reminds me of the style of 1950-60 ties USA, it looks like and old tractor or a cartoon space ship :) Did Bob find the belt for it. Thanks Tor