wildrosekangals

What is this called?

TRY AGAIN WE CAN'I SEE THEM............

Hi Ron,

In the luggage world it is called a handle loop, in the BDSM world, a collar ring (hence the small pic I suspect). They are never strong enough to take real weight, but fashionable looking. There is show and there is go, these are really show as there is only a 8-32 screw holding them on, a steel backer might help a little, but for go, a D-ring will be more serviceable. The handle loops are good enough for small luggage and for leash-collar attachment for toy dogs. The collar rings like you picture might be a little harder to find, if you PM me the full picture I can source them for you, or put it in the adult section.

Art

This should make it easier to identify. Told it was my first postbrass hardware.jpg

Hi Ron,

In the luggage world it is called a handle loop, in the BDSM world, a collar ring (hence the small pic I suspect). They are never strong enough to take real weight, but fashionable looking. There is show and there is go, these are really show as there is only a 8-32 screw holding them on, a steel backer might help a little, but for go, a D-ring will be more serviceable. The handle loops are good enough for small luggage and for leash-collar attachment for toy dogs. The collar rings like you picture might be a little harder to find, if you PM me the full picture I can source them for you, or put it in the adult section.

Art

Thanks Art,

Actually it has nothing to do with the BDSM world. I just do not have permission to use that photo so I was playing it safe by just cropping the part I want. Here is another photo from a Auction a few years back showing the size of the fitting. It is quite large and would seem to be used as the leash attachment.

collarbrusg.jpg

post-12172-125626150158_thumb.jpg

OK,

Is there a brass plate that is part of the assembly or is it a screw or rivet attachment? Even with the pic, it is hard to get an estimation of size. Would you say the ball is 3/8 inch in diameter or 1/2 inch? If you look around page 27 of the OTB catalog there is something similar.

Art

Thanks Art,

Here is another photo from a Auction a few years back showing the size of the fitting. It is quite large and would seem to be used as the leash attachment.

Hey I happen to be looking for something similar if not the exact same thing. It's the ring and assembly that the bolt snap is attached to in this pic. If someone can name it or point me to a supplier that would be so excellent!

04.jpg

Try aaronmartin.com, they may have what you are looking for.

Edited by colttrainer