Hi forum members,

First I have to say what a great resource this forum has been. I've learned a LOT and just enjoyed reading everything.

So here is my first attempt at a finished holster, well actually first attempt I am willing to show anyone lol. The others were more like just hacks and practice at tooling/finishing/etc. I guess this is more like holster number 3, but the first I finished all the way.

8 oz leather, tooled, wet formed to pistol, Eco Flow Mahogany Gel Antique, Resolene finish

It is for a Glock 19.

I have a couple of tweaks I've added for the next one already, I don't like the pointy part at the top (under the trigger guard) that should have been rounded and I didn't leave enough room for a good combat grip. Plus I gave too much room in length for the 19 slide, about an inch too much so that will get whacked back. But it wears pretty well for just toting the 19 in the woods...

Any comments or critique are welcome. I have several more I've started will get a better camera setup going too!

Thanks!

G19 First.jpg

post-37502-0-72399100-1391191807_thumb.j

Your holster looks nice. Your doing a great job.

Looks good for the third go. I keep all my first few attempts at things so later I can see how I progress.

Thanks for your feedback! @OdinUK I did decide to keep my first attempts, tho I did think about giving them to the dog as chew toys lol.

Don't give it to the dog!

I'm not a judge of a holster, but it looks really good for a third try.

I think I'm going to try some of the mahogany antique.

Don't give it to the dog!

I'm not a judge of a holster, but it looks really good for a third try.

I think I'm going to try some of the mahogany antique.

LOL no worries Monica, the dog won't even look at the first attempts.....

I like the look of the Mahaogony, rubbed it down with a damp paper towel after I applied it to lighten it up a good bit, wound up this color. I've got to set up my light tent tomorrow to get a better shot of this and the others....but am growing frustrated with the washing off of the eco flo stuff. Will try mahogany in the Fiebing oil dye and maybe their antique soon...

looks really nice congrats on a job well done !