I made this to save some time reaching for tools I use a lot while lacing guitar straps bags and motorcycle seats and whatever else I do in a sitting position. I figured I could save about 30-40 mins looking and stretching for tools and having them in a quick draw position and just below my work space will help save time. TIME=MONEY so anything i can do to save some time i think is more than worth while!

I think making similar items for other things like stamping tools and swivel knives for the trade shows i work that have limited space for tool racks is the key now.

Anyway just thought I would share:)

Since this photo I have added a secondary leg strap to the top as well.

post-28433-0-44593800-1370427316_thumb.j

post-28433-0-11175200-1370427318_thumb.j

Edited by chancey77

Looks great! Looks like I have another project to tackle. Thanks for sharing!

What a cool design. Even your tool pouch looks awesome.

hahahaha you're so crazy hahahahah THANKS! I JUST NEED FUNCTION...but cool is a must as well sometimes:)

What a great idea Chris. On my list now at the top to help the other projects go faster. Cheryl

If anyone wants one and doesn't feel like guessing at it, I'll make them for 40€:)

Brass or silver, black, brown, red brown, tan whatever:)

Uh Chris, how much is that for us dummies? LOL. Cheryl

40€ :) that is $52 but I'll stick with an even 40:) so if you live in CANADA it is 40cd, 40usd, Europe 40€ hows that:) hahaha

PLUS SHIPPING!

Edited by chancey77

OK Chris if you send me a PM with your Paypal info I'll send it. And just bring it to Fla with you and send it, don't wanna pay more for shipping than the pouch, LOL. So tell me shipping from there. Well if you'll have room or are you already home? Cheryl

Most likely shipping that from here to the USA will be about 15 bucks.

I'll post a template later

That's genius! You could definitely sell those online!

What is holding the awl in? Is the strap tight enough to hold in the awl (the handle for which is facing the floor)? I stick mine in a chunk of beeswax on my workbench to keep the business end of the awl from hurting anyone. I have this fear of the awl falling on the floor and going through my foot. I had a close call once!

A suggestion would be to add a thin strap that snaps open and closed. I'd put a spool of thread on it for when I'm working on large projects (just finished hand sewing a dog leash... took forever!).

Edited by lightingale

What is holding the awl in? I

I wet molded in the awl and pliers so they are in and out and safe very easily. This is not like a permanent pouch for those tools to live in, just for when i am sitting lacing something flat just off the table and clamped. I noticed about 35 minuets faster lacing with all the tools just inches from the work space, I always pull down with the pliers for hard pull needles, so i was dropping them off my lap and hitting my foot...so I made this..also saved my seat from the awl:)

It has 2 leg straps and a strap to the belt buckle so when you have to get up lock everything into place and go do whatever you got up for and all the tools are right there when you come back.

Really the editions that could be added are endless..

I really want to see what everyone comes up with in addition! Lets make a super sick perfect pouch!

Edited by chancey77