Sign in to follow this  
Kcinnick

Need A Pattern For Medicine Ball...

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a medicine ball? I have a request for a set, with potential to sell many more. I basically know what to do, I just don't know what size to cut the shapes to get the proper size, and I am not sure when they say to double stitch if it means to throw my cowboy in reverse and stitch again or to have two rows of stitching.

See, I know the basic Idea. What would help is what order to go in, how deep to put the stitch lines in and what sise pattern makes each sized ball. I can make a polygon pattern with basic geomatry, I just need to know how large to make them and how exactly to stitch them and in what order.

See, I know the basic Idea. What would help is what order to go in, how deep to put the stitch lines in and what sise pattern makes each sized ball. I can make a polygon pattern with basic geomatry, I just need to know how large to make them and how exactly to stitch them and in what order.

You could call these people and ask what the sizes are and what hey are filled with:

http://www.ssww.com/product/?sku=W2379&cm_mmc=Paid+Search-_-Google-_-AdwordsProducts-_-W2379&aid=GOG&cid=2499#p1

Stitching order is in one of those juggling "how-tos". If you are asking how to stitch or what kind of seams, just buy one from www.ssww.com and tear it apart. Sounds like fun. Be sure to post your prototype.

From the pictures I see on the Internet the seams just look like a simple seam. You could stitch a double line to make it more secure. These look like the old fashion ones:

post-82-0-80978000-1355693846_thumb.jpg

Other than experimenting--I don't have the exact size or where or how deep to put the stitch.

Good luck.

Bob Stelmack

Medicine balls take some abuse, I was given some directions by someone on how to build a dodecahedron ball, so I will try it out. I might use some belly or I might get some pleather or some sort of vynl. I was given a pattern on how to stitch the polygons to have minimal times you had to stitch with the seems curved, well verbal directions, I will have to see how it all lays out.