Roger

water and sand??

i have been asked to come up with a design with a beach sean involving a calm ocean and sand.

anybody done anything like this or can offer any input as to texture ect.

any ideas at all are welcome :)

Edited by Roger

Roger,

Some thoughts on the sand would be to use sand paper as an impression.

The texture would depend on grit. A torn irregular edge could be overlapped to acheive different effects. The pointed end of the modeling spoon can be used to leave the rippled effect when used to push the sand paper into the leather.

This pic might help http://www.wildnatureimages.com/pictures_of_sand_dunes.htm for the rippled effect.

Hope this helps

Johnny

i am all about texture!

maybe some fairly heavy grit paper... and a large pair shader.............

thanks for the input!!

You can use the a-104 punch to make fine gritted contours from sand dunes etc if you tilt it very much on not pointed end and tap it very light on an almost dry leather. Then use antique's to bring up the detail level.

I have just used this technique to create folds and creases to a scrollbanner and like the result. I'm keeping this project off the board for some time to come but it will be up in a couple of months.

I'm posting this skull that shows a little bit of it instead.

Tom

IMG_6485_01.jpg

post-5146-1217665960_thumb.jpg

neat effect tom.

thanks!

If you need beach pics, let me know. There's probably a gazillion images on the internet anyway, but I live close to the beach and can get some 8MP images if you need them. And...I'll even edit out all the distracting bikinis for you.;)

**Note: I will not be able to get pics of hurricane storm surges, as I will be several hundred miles north of them.**

Edited by TwinOaks

If you need beach pics, let me know. There's probably a gazillion images on the internet anyway, but I live close to the beach and can get some 8MP images if you need them. And...I'll even edit out all the distracting bikinis for you.;)

**Note: I will not be able to get pics of hurricane storm surges, as I will be several hundred miles north of them.**

LOL!! thanks for the offer but, i make a left off my street and in two miles i'm on the beach.

i'm looking for thoughts or methodes on tooling a calm ocean and beach

Edited by Roger