Sign in to follow this  
sorethumbs

From NYC

Hello! My name is Jim, I currently live in NYC and have a major passion for leathercraft.

I've been working with leather for about 20 years. I've done everything from tack and repair to more "adult" projects. I've done it for hobby and for a part time income off and on over the years. Mostly I do it to keep both my hands and mind busy.

Most of my hobbies incorporate the use of leather in one way or another. I participate in Mediaeval reenactment/recreation and do a fair amount of leather projects for that.

I am deffinately here to learn/share and am looking forward to new and interesting things.

welcome aboard! from us newbies...who still have the welt and the red from the bite of that wonderful leather bug to the sesoned amazing pros. this site is as addictive as the leatherworking! as i'm sure you have noticed...everyone loves pics, so make sure you post em. have fun.

Well, it's about time we start a NYC Guild.

ed

Welcome to the forum. There have a been a few of New Yorkers on here lately. I hope you can join up. Please come back and show us your work!

Out of curiosity, how many of us are in NYC?

Ed

Hello and welcome to the board!!!!

Like cuda said, we love pics so post as you like and don't worry about critics, people around here seem to never be rude on anything (almost) and don't be shy to ask questions about anything. People is most helpful and willing to share.

New yorkers..hmm..Scouter is from NY but I haven't seen him around much lately and whatsabout SteveB, think he is NY:er too.

ME?? I'm from Gävle, Sweden

Tom

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I will be posting a few pics as I go along.

-Sorethumbs

Of those of us who are in NYC, I count 5. Freddie, newyorkleather, sorethumbs, SteveB, and me. When's pizza night?

Ed

Edited by esantoro