RoosterShooter

I've Never Machine Sewn In My Life .... Tippman Boss?

I have been saddle stitching leather holsters and tack for a little over a year now. I am wanting a machine to up my production time, and cut down on my manual labor.

Is a Tippman Boss the way to go?

Are they worth the $1500 invested to get a new one?

I am wanting a machine that is easy to operate and mobile in case I have to do an 'on site' repair.

Being completely new to sewing machines ... will the Boss be easy to operate and learn in a short period of time?

Best suggestion I can give you-do a search on this forum for tippman boss-lots of discussions. Once you get your Boss figured out, they work great. Lots of good tips on here.

Ive had my Boss for over 10 years and love it. Have recently purchased a Techsew 2700 for light to medium work but will continue to use my Boss for heavy work. I like it. As close to hand stitching as

you can get with a machine. One stitch at a time, exactly where you want it. Takes time to learn, adjustments are everything. Im actually having more trouble learning my 2700 than I did the Boss. Many will tell you get an electric first. I say get the Boxx first then go electric later. Also, portability is iimportant in my business as well.

The Boss is a great machine and works very well on holsters. I loved mine and never had many issues with it.

That being said 1500 bucks for one is a big investment and for another 500 or so you could get a 441 clone that would be better. I would recommend a used Boss, they normally run around 1000 bucks depending on what's included with it.

I love my Boss. It does what I need it to. I make mostly holsters, belts and cases/purses and because I have total control over the speed it never stitches where I dont want it to. I even took it to Tucson last month while visiting my mother so I could work on a few projects for her. ITs worth the money and has a good resale value.

Yes it has a learning curve but it is worth the time it takes to learn it.

Michael

I think for this kind of money I would NOT buy a Tippman, for hand operated or needing a loud compressor near....not my thing....and lots of complains from people own the newer Aluminium housing ones.....as been said, look for a used clone, or add a few bucks to purchase a new clone.....or find a good Adler 105 class...there are options, I would rather buy "real' sewingmachine....just my two cents!!

Jimbob