ClayB

Calendar for Guild Events

I think this has been brought up before, but I wonder if it would be possible to have a separate calendar for guild events, regular meetings, etc. I think it would be nice to have a section where guilds could post meeting info and special events so that people can be made aware of them and I don't have a problem with them even being on the main calendar. The problem is, if several guilds were to post recurring events on the main calendar, it would get really cluttered and the other one time events might be hard to find. It might be helpful if there was a way that recurring events didn't show up more than once on the calendar and then once that one passed, the next one was automatically added, but I doubt that feature is probably available. If you look at the calendar right now, you will see what I mean. One recurring event shows up a few dozen times. I DO NOT want to cause anyone to stop posting to the calendar because I think it's a really valuable resource. I just wonder if there is a way we can make it work better.

It is an excellent suggestion, Clay. How about if I make a guild calendar and turn you green so you can fix the two, and maybe you'll ask all the guilds to participate? I would be willing to go one step further and make a guild section where each guild could have their own (private?) forum to talk and post newsletters and so forth. Unless the guild program gets actively promoted, though, I'm afraid the guild calendar will get used about as much as the Live Chat calendar. It would be great if you had time to spread the word to the guilds and clean up the calendars. Is it snowing yet?

Johanna

If there was a guild calendar, or a guild section on the forum, yes, I'd do what I could to promote them. As for being green, nothing has changed there, so that's not an option. Sorry :(