Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

Leather Point Needles

I am curious as to what those of you that have been sewing leather on an industrial machine, Consew, Juki, Pfaff, whatever, most often use as a point shape.

I fail to see why the manufacturers have all these tables showing eight different shape points and only stock one or two. Must be a reason!!!

Please?

ferg

I just ran into this getting some needles for my Boss. It turns out that every point (the 8 different shapes) aren't available for every machine. It may depend on the type of machine you need as to what is available. Then there's the side of practicality and economy....If supplier X sells mostly round point and 'S' leather points (straight), and buys needles in lots of 10,000, then they probably won't invest in a lot of 'LR' needles that only every 20th customer wants, and then only in a 10 pack. It's a lot of material that gets taxed at the end of the year, a lot of money to lay out for a non selling item, and they don't make any money on it. Instead, they stock the most popular items and have a faster ROI, and use that improved cash flow to offset the occasional customer who doesn't buy anything because they can't get everything at one place.