Sign in to follow this  
longlivealfred

A Round Knife Sheath - My First Actual Item.

hi,

ive been lurking around these webpage’s for a fair while now, admiring the work and trying to amass some knowledge. Anywhos after simply only practising stitching these past few weeks i decided to make a simple round knife sheath. You've got to start somewhere right? :) Ive attached one image of the whole thing, one image of the front of the stitching and one from the rear.

its made from 2mm water buffalo hide, hand sewn with 3 strand size 18 thread and edged with gum and acrylic die. Whilst im happy and proud of it, im not too fond of the blue. Im going to try and make something a little bit more complex next, maybe a wallet or cardholder with a flap.

anyways, thanks for looking, hope you all have a nice day!

round knife sheath.jpg

Round Knife-3.jpg

Round Knife-1.jpg

post-13722-127118588572_thumb.jpg

post-13722-127118594517_thumb.jpg

post-13722-127118601273_thumb.jpg

Nice job. The blue doesn't look bad.

Looks good. I like the hand sewing. The stitches look nice.

Agreed very good job on the sewing. Looks very clean.

hi,

ive been lurking around these webpage’s for a fair while now, admiring the work and trying to amass some knowledge. Anywhos after simply only practising stitching these past few weeks i decided to make a simple round knife sheath. You've got to start somewhere right? :) Ive attached one image of the whole thing, one image of the front of the stitching and one from the rear.

its made from 2mm water buffalo hide, hand sewn with 3 strand size 18 thread and edged with gum and acrylic die. Whilst im happy and proud of it, im not too fond of the blue. Im going to try and make something a little bit more complex next, maybe a wallet or cardholder with a flap.

anyways, thanks for looking, hope you all have a nice day!

GREAT STITCHING JOB!!!!!!

I've seen many machine jobs by "professionals" that weren't nearly as nice!!!

pete

The blue makes the piece look unique and is a really nice touch.

hi,

thanks for the kind words.

I've found that ive become quite addicted to the stitching, though i think i need to build up a level of stamina with it. I'm going to start trying to stitch with the 25 size thread in thinner leather soon to see how that goes. One thing i am finding really hard is trying to keep the leather as light and creamy as possible. Everything i stick on darkens it or goes on a bit blotchy. I'll keep experimenting though with what i have at hand.

with regard to the edge, on my next item i think i'm going to colour it creamy brown and see how that comes out.

anyways, thanks again, hope your days go well!

lexol doesnt seem to darken it much if any, as far as conditioners go that is.

Get ahold of Bee Natural Company. There saddle oil won't darken the leather a bit. Then use natural shoe polish.

pete