TessaBlue

Hello From Florida!

Okay, so I've actually been a member for almost two years, but this is my first post. Yeah, I know, pretty bizarre. I have nothing to say about that other than I got bit by the leather bug while burying my nose in the back of a leather jacket of a guy I was dating as we thundered our way across multiple states on a Harley, Sturgis bound. Alas, the relationship with the guy didn't work out, but the relationship with leather endured.

I have so much to learn. I doubt I'll be able to cram it all in the two or three decades I have left on this world, but I'm gonna try my best to absorb what I can.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully soon I'll have photos to post in the gallery!

Tessa

Well a big Welcome to you, albeit Two years later. What do you enjoy making ? coasters, belts, bags, clothes, !

Were glad your here, and hope some of us here can get all your questions answered for you !

Yes there is a vast amount to learn , but you will not be able to take it all in at once, if ever !

So sit back , relax, and just come at your own pace.

Were here to help, not push you into an area where your not yet ready to go. just ask, then study that ,

and ask again in another direction, ! most of us are willing to give freely !

By the way there are many Harley enthusisests here. Good luck to you --- Wild Bill46

Thank you, Wild Bill46! I appreciate the welcome.

I'm so new at leather, I'm not sure what all I want to make. I've made a few dog collars, which I very much enjoyed, and I'd like to expand on that a bit, and do some carving/stamping on them. I have a white Boxer named Ripley, and she promised me she'd let me try the collars on her to see how they look. ;-)

As for Harley enthusiasts, well... that doesn't surprise me. Harleys and leather kinda sorta go together.

I'll likely pick everybody's brain. I love to learn!

Tessa

Welcome to the forum although I'm way newer than you are lol. Friendly people here I found so far and very knowledgeable.

Welcome to the forum although I'm way newer than you are lol. Friendly people here I found so far and very knowledgeable.

Hi, JonnyBMF...

Thank you for the welcome. I really like the forum - I have so much to learn, and this seems to be the happening place to get started!

Tessa

Hi,

I am new user to this forum.

Hi, Kathleen...

Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll find what you need here.

Tessa

Hi TessaBlue,

Welcome from a fellow newbie Floridian.

Others from Florida. lol Have any of you found any groups that get together on a monthly basis? I am pretty new to leather working and would not mind getting together with a group monthly or so to exchange ideas, tips and tricks. Learn Learn Learn.

Others from Florida. lol Have any of you found any groups that get together on a monthly basis? I am pretty new to leather working and would not mind getting together with a group monthly or so to exchange ideas, tips and tricks. Learn Learn Learn.

Shiek I know there are others from Florida on here but most of us are pretty scattered out. This is a LOOONG state after all. I know there are several people in the southern half of the state but I haven't found anyone up here on the North end. I'm in Alachua.