Sign in to follow this  
$$hobby

I got the mach 3 (Juki 441 clone)

Hi again.

Well after getting let go from work again i decided to get a serious leather machine. what better way to find a job then to buy somethng expensive and then not be able to use it. I got the mach 3 (Juki 441 clone) and all i can say is "what took me sooooooooooo long".

it took me about 2 weeks to finally get it up and running since i did some mods to the table, like put some locking casters on the table an then having to modify the linkages to operate it. im also making a table for the free arm.

i will tell you that are looking for a machine. try to get a good/real leather machine and one that will do what you want and then some.

in any case, like i figured would happen, i was called back to work so now i dont have alot of time to work on the table and less time to use it. the way things are going here in the US i should be out of work by the end of the year, but i will have my new machine to use.

on the sad new front. i was watching the local news and IIRC one of the last domestic family run tannerys is closing and they were in my backyard. i knew we had some, but didnt belive they were still operational. i also didnt realize it took months to tan hids, but i guess the old fashing way is time consuming.

Have a great Memorial day too all. Thank you all that have, will and are serving.

and watch out for all of the drunk drivers out there on the road.

Congradulations,,,both new machine and back to work. Just went through machine search myself and am glad that I got more machine than I'll need. My Artisan 3000 looks just like the Juki 441 sooooo, I guess I have a clone too.

Good luck,

Regis