Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schroeder

Figure Carving Of St. Peter

This is my first attempt at any kind of figure carving. Any advice from the figure carvers would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Tim

post-19692-027612000 1339939897_thumb.jp

nice

This is my first attempt at any kind of figure carving. Any advice from the figure carvers would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Tim

done left comment in gallery, very nice and detailed....only thing I can tell, is I would like to see his beard been little more prodent, like more detail in hair and curls...maybe....more fine cuts to give his hair and beard more texture....as I said before...very nice work!

Aloha

James

Hi James. I worked on the beard a little bit. Here is a picture of the back of the bible cover. Still have a hard time even seeing the faces with serious cheaters on so the faces are difficult. I will keep trying on the figure carving but it is mostly frustrating.

Thanks Tim

done left comment in gallery, very nice and detailed....only thing I can tell, is I would like to see his beard been little more prodent, like more detail in hair and curls...maybe....more fine cuts to give his hair and beard more texture....as I said before...very nice work!

Aloha

James

post-19692-032375600 1340243251_thumb.jp

post-19692-058781800 1340243261_thumb.jp

Hey there,

don`t get frustrated,

you have done a very well Job , i would be happy to get a figure carving like that , any mistakes will help you to learn and understand .

I tried a Picture of the " Magnificent Seven " and one of the Horses looks more like a T-Rex :rolleyes2: but i will try this again, and again, ...... ;)

Waiting to see more .

Greetings,

Oli