Sign in to follow this  
Don

his and hers saddles

Here are a couple saddles that I built for a husband and wife. The roper is built on a low TM tree and the other saddle is built on a Buster Welch with leg cuts and a 4.5" cantle. There was a lot of Dye time in the floral tooled saddle.

GHart2.JPG

LHart2.JPG

LHart3.JPG

post-3790-1190905967_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1190905980_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1190905992_thumb.jpg

Very nice work Don. I love the butterfly in the floral design.

Ken

Verry nice work i too like the butterfly it was the first thing that poped out in the design ... nice

Don,

Great looking saddles!

Mike

Don,

Nice work on those saddles. I saw your little spot on all around perfomance horse. Got me thinking of when I use to live down in Wheelock TX. If I ever go back down and visit Ill have to stop by your shop.

ashley

Very nice! If I had to venture a guess, I would say the the much nicer looking (not at all belittleing the other one) floral carved one is the wife's. At least it would be if the guy is smart!

Spencer

Hi Don,

that is some really nice clean work you did. Your floral carving is beautiful and really stands out, but my eye tends to wander to all those little areas like ear cuts and fork covers, etc... that show the maker's talent. Good job! Wish more people would post photos of saddles they are making.

Darc

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!! Awesome work...

very nice! i like your floral carving! the butterfly really fits well!

Beautiful work! I love to see floral done well. It's my favorite to do, not wanted on bike seats too much.

Shirley

Don,

Really like the look of the butterfly on the floral carved It caught my attention as well but for another reason. I was just looking at the TCAA site and looking at Cary's saddle that had butterflies on it as well. I have to agree with Darc about the ears cuts, fork covers, rolls and such. In fact I just watched Harwood's DVD and he made similar comments as well. It is a great addition to the saddle to give it just a little something extra to set it apart. They should both be quite happy with results. What little I could see of the geometric/floral pattern it looked fairly nice.

Regards,

Ben