Sign in to follow this  
BruceGibson

good clean fundamentals

I actually did a little work this week and thought I'd share...input and opinions are much appreciated. This one's 1-1/2" wide, 1/4" thick doubled & stitched Hermann Oak. It's mahogany, but the camera flash brought out the red.

http://gibsonprorodeo.com/GUNBEL1.jpg

Great work. What is that color? White stitching really shows it off.

Regis

Hi, Regis,

The color is mahogany, and there's kind of a reddish-brown shade to it. The camera's flash tends to bring a lot of the red out. Makes it look sorta black-cherry.

Really beautiful -- thanks for sharing. I don't think I've ever seen a buckle like that one before with that fixed peg in the middle...

Bruce,

That is really beautiful. I like those smooth edge treatments the black against the mahogany. It looks great. Do you have others you can show?

Dave Theobald

I really like the buckle also... care to tell where you got it?

Thanks everybody! Heck, y'all made my day!

The buckle is solid brass, it's one from the Paul Weaver collection. It's got a partial tongue, and looks a little weird, but the buckle works great--especially for a heavy gunbelt.

David, I've got a half-dozen going right now, and they're in several different colors and combinations. I'll make it a point to shoot some more pictures before I ship and just inundate everybody with them! Seriously, thank you for the kind words. Now if I could just make a motorcycle seat HALF as nice as yours. :bike:

Wolvenstien,

The buckle on this belt is the 1-1/2" from Weaver, along with the 1-1/2" brass keeper. If you don't have their catalog, give them a call or check out weaverleather.com. They also come in chrome brass (silver) and they are some chunky buckles. I was real impressed, and have a bunch of folks that want 'em.

I actually did a little work this week and thought I'd share...input and opinions are much appreciated. This one's 1-1/2" wide, 1/4" thick doubled & stitched Hermann Oak. It's mahogany, but the camera flash brought out the red.

http://gibsonprorodeo.com/GUNBEL1.jpg

I think this is a really good example of how good clean fundamentals make a project look rich and elegant.

David Genadek

Thanks, David. That's exactly what I was going for--you just said it better than I ever could have!

And welcome to the forum!