Twofinger

Looking For Some Dublin

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good source for Horween Dublin veg tanned leather. Having a really hard time finding any.

I know, its really hard to find it and good chromexcel. Springfield hasnt had the best selection lately.

Does anyone sell this?

Do they sell the leather or just the goods?

Do they sell the leather or just the goods?

A little self help might be in order here. Tannery Row IS Horween. Just call them and order what you want, then get in line and wait like the rest of us. You will receive better quality leather than you will get from any other supplier, but seldom right away. Sourcing is always a little tricky, it is a whole lot easier to have something in stock to use as there is little "just in time" supply ethic in leatherworking. Of course, money is an obstacle for some, and tieing-up three grand in leather may not be an option; for those there is Tandy and other suppliers. Some providers, like Springfield Leather, will cut leather for small users, cost per Square Foot will be higher (9.99 to 11.99 per sq ft for B grade HO) than buying a whole hide.

Another option is to find a local leatherworker who will sell to you. Don't expect reasonable prices, but pay for the convenience and smile.

Art

I have been buying some of the smaller SF pcs of chromexcel that Springfield sells, but it is def higher price to do so. I have been looking for other suppliers, and would like to get some dublin too. I ordered some horween horse front from Maverick and it was pretty nice for being "second". They have some chromexcel too that I may end up getting.

I have been looking for other suppliers, and would like to get some dublin too.

Tannery Row sells it. Or you just don't want to order from them?

I can't speak for Twofinger, but I've never gotten anyone at Tannery Row to answer the phone or respond to emails or to messages sent through their online site.

I havent tried Tannery row because I have heard the same thing about them not responding, and I do not have the funds to order large quantities.

I havent tried Tannery row because I have heard the same thing about them not responding, and I do not have the funds to order large quantities.

Sounds like you should organize a group buy with others that don't want to order a lot of hides. That way you can meet their minimum and order from tannery row. Looks like there's plenty of people that would participate in a group buy from the responses on this thread and others that have posted other threads wanting to buy horween leather.

Hello All,

I have been able to contact someone at Tannery Row and I have placed orders before. You all are right and have valid points. I ordered about 9 or so Horween Russets well over 17 weeks ago and they just came. The best place to try to score Dublin from will be Mavericks Leather. I order all of my Horween through them. Some of it will have small issues but for the price you can't get anything better. I would call Mavericks first to see if they have any. It goes fast!

Thanks Stangman645. I will contact them.

Maverick leather in Oregon has some, also horse.

I have not seen any Dublin there lately. I just bought some Essex, CXL, and a horse front from them, but didnt see any Dublin.