Bruno Rock

Trigger Exposed Holster

Hello All,

Like the title topic says I would like to have some advices and info for a western-style holster with the trigger area exposed, better yet if someone wants to share a pattern, that will be great!

Thanks!

post-52032-0-03122900-1430321818_thumb.j

Tandy has a couple of pattern packs with this style holster for a reasonable price. There is also a good tutorial in the holster sub section

Iirc there is a fellow leather smith here that is offering a disc of western patterns his commercial patters were under the name brazos Jim or something similar. He is here under Jim ? Look him up. His patterns are excellent and come at a fair price now that he's no longer selling them commercially.

Yeah I know Jim Simmons, his patterns are the best! Today (my day off) I'll try to make my own pattern, if is not working, I'll try to contact him! Thanks anyway for the suggestions!

It's not that I don't want to sell the patterns commercially, I just don't know who is. That and I haven't gotten a commissions check in ummmm . . . . . what year is this?

BUT, I do have a passel of patterns on the shelf that I do whatever I want to with. Kind of like the Callahan Lightning holster shown here. Ain't she a beauty?

Jim

post-141-0-77923600-1430584699_thumb.jpg

That's a gorgeous holster Jim!

Here's my attempt, needs a few tweaks here and there, I've edited the Pecos Slim a bit!

post-52032-0-63748200-1430695040_thumb.j

You're on the right track. The way to do this is to retrace the original Pecos Slim holster pattern and then draw the top of the holster about 3/4 of an inch down from the top. That's how this holster got its look. I just trimmed a little off the top of the original Callahan holster. Easy stuff.

Jim

Here's the definitive pattern, I 'm quite happy with the result, I'm working on a Texadero Gun Belt for a customer!

post-52032-0-75192300-1430846513_thumb.j

post-52032-0-42881100-1430846574_thumb.j

care to share that pattern?

Well there ain't nothing wrong with that. The idea behind a holster like that is to make it safe and keep the pistol in the holster without having to put your hands on them every time you move. You nailed it!

Jim

A new baby is born! When the sun will decide to show up I'm gonna put a light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, my customer wants a pale brown look!

@dragonhawke, sorry but I don't have a scanner device to scan the pattern!

A new baby is born! When the sun will decide to show up I'm gonna put a light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, my customer wants a pale brown look!

@dragonhawke, sorry but I don't have a scanner device to scan the pattern!

post-52032-0-53782100-1430952147_thumb.j

That's cool Bruno. It doesn't hurt to ask.