pete

New way to make a flower center

I had an idea for a flower center. I went to the local gun shop and asked for some spent casings of a 45 caliber, 22 and 30-06 . The are brass and perfectly round so I took them home and now have 3 perfect centers for my flowers. A slight tap and all that is left is to is ring them with my seeder tool and I'm set.

Sometimes the simple is hard to see. This is definately one that I will use. Need all the crutches I can get....for now.

Regis

Wow.....what a simple but great idea...or you can flip it over and hit it and a nice floral center for a gun lover....hhmmm, I have the ones without primer when I worked on the range? Again....great idea thanks!

Wow.....what a simple but great idea...or you can flip it over and hit it and a nice floral center for a gun lover....hhmmm, I have the ones without primer when I worked on the range? Again....great idea thanks!

I KNOW that you had this figured out- but if you whack it a little harder, it makes a really clean cut, whereby you can take your center shader and make a really nice center with or without seeds.

Also you can take a modeler and gently round the edges for a domed center.

Thanks for noticing my post!!

pete

I was killing time in line at Starbucks this morning and since I don't get the full forum setting on my Itouch, I had to go line through line...I sure have missed a lot of posts. I am sorry, wish I would have noticed it earlier.....well worth bumping it up.

Spot setters work well too, and will dome up the center.

In a pinch, empty cartridge casings also can double as a hole punch if you are out in the middle of nowhere and need to punch a hole in a strap or belt. Please do not use the loaded ones!!!

No....use a loaded one, but make sure to post pictures! Even better the newest camper in your group should have the honors!! LoL Just kidding folks!

you're right! I used a loaded one and the hole came out REALLY clean!

Can't get the powder burns off though.....oh well....kinda looks like antique

pete