Sign in to follow this  
tparrish

How To Sew Leather Riding Gloves/driving Gloves

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to come up with a plan of attack for sewing gloves similar to the ones posted. My question is how do they work the material on the rolled edges around the knuckles? The material is quite thin and there isn't much excess ( perhaps they trimmed it), and theose little circles are quite tight. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on how to sew delicate leather like this in tight areas? Look at the fourchette area too (space between fingers).

Thanks in advance!

417956211_b1f4f606f8.jpg417957259_1310e49da0.jpg

Edited by tparrish

good luck charlie brown.

I tried making some repelling gloves out of elk hide many years ago. i forget what weight the skin was, but the hunter turned the hide into a seive so i got it at a good price, but iirc, it took me several attempts to sew the gloves so that they were a somewhat nice fit. i still ended up with one just right and the other tight.

if you look at the ones you could reverse engineer them.

I sewed mine inside out. the fingers in the space between them were the hardest since my machine wasnt made for the delicate and close quarter work.

for the ovals, i would sew one side and then form/roll/stretch the leather to the other side and sew again. im sure it wasnt done in one pass. if it was, id like to see the tool/person that did it.

Haha Thanks for the reply. I get the fact that these are sewn inside out and know how to do the binding edge but I was wondering about what machine and techniques to use. I would love to see on of these babies sewn together!

Edited by tparrish

You may be interested in this web site.

http://www.glove.org/default.php

And this one:

ferg

Haha Thanks for the reply. I get the fact that these are sewn inside out and know how to do the binding edge but I was wondering about what machine and techniques to use. I would love to see on of these babies sewn together!

Edited by 50 years leather