this is my first purse and first try at double loop stitching ( i'm nearly bald now)

her birthday is Sunday and she will be 8.

nice light tan cow with british tan stain

post-27630-040266200 1338604368_thumb.jp

Very nice indeed! I can relate to double loop lacing frustrations for sure!

Does hair-on hide need to be sealed in any way? It strikes me as the

kind of material you wouldn't want to get rained on.

That looks really good.

I probably should warn you though, in a few years (assuming it will be her daily usage purse) the hair is going to rub off and the purse will be bald. Then of course, she'll probably want a new one. And of course she'll have to get a new pair of shoes to match her new purse....

Nice. At least there is still hair left on the purse ... or was that your hair?

CTG

Thanks for the early morning laugh...I needed that , got a big day ahead :P LOL

Very nice indeed! I can relate to double loop lacing frustrations for sure!

Does hair-on hide need to be sealed in any way? It strikes me as the

kind of material you wouldn't want to get rained on.

Thank you! don't laugh but........I was told it is very durable from the manager at tandy.....:dunno: LOL

That looks really good.

I probably should warn you though, in a few years (assuming it will be her daily usage purse) the hair is going to rub off and the purse will be bald. Then of course, she'll probably want a new one. And of course she'll have to get a new pair of shoes to match her new purse....

Thank You CowboyDan, i will be lucky to make it to the new school season before this one is "out" and a new one is demanded ! LOL

is there any way to seal or prolong the hide ? That has been my concern (and one of the german shepereds deciding to kill it)

Thank You CowboyDan, i will be lucky to make it to the new school season before this one is "out" and a new one is demanded ! LOL

is there any way to seal or prolong the hide ? That has been my concern (and one of the german shepereds deciding to kill it)

Short of stitching a plastic or glass cover over it, I don't know of any.

Higher quality hide may help retain the hair a little longer, but remember that hair is not meant to be permanent. If you ever think it is, just look at your brush or comb after you use it.

At least the one you made is simple enough to replace without too much headache.

Here's the one I made some time back: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=39160&st=0&p=243187entry243187

Short of stitching a plastic or glass cover over it, I don't know of any.

Higher quality hide may help retain the hair a little longer, but remember that hair is not meant to be permanent. If you ever think it is, just look at your brush or comb after you use it.

At least the one you made is simple enough to replace without too much headache.

Here's the one I made some time back: http://leatherworker...87

Lol.. good point!

nice purse...but all that stitching would require doubling up on my klonopin ! lol alI my holsters take me right to the edge of the stitching scream. I am learning to be more patient though.

I posted this purse on my facebook page "leatherbyalex" and my regular fb page and now have to make another one ! ...So I guess the plastic is going on my head !

If that is your first, you have a bright future! Your gonna get lots of comments wearing that around.

Nice!

I have a Filson field bag that has d rings set like this and it works well.