Sign in to follow this  
Hilly

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for several months now, and finally joined on 10-13-07. I posted a few times before today, but thought it time to do an intro.

I've always loved leather in any form from furniture, to motorcycle saddlebags and jackets, to leather cases, to holsters. I've always loved the way leather smells, and the creaking sounds it makes!

I have been doing some car upholstery, and have decided to do a custom interior on my nephew's Corvette using leather with some stingray accents. I also want to do some leather tooling on parts of my 1969 Mustang fastback. I would like to make the top of the fold down rear seat into a figure carving using the Mustang pony as the main figure. Also thought about making the fold down sun visors out of tooling leather, and doing some tooling on them, among other little accents for the car. Something totally custom! But that's for later when I gain skill and experience...

Anyway I'm starting out small, doing kits from Tandy to start me out, and now I want to move on to doing some holsters for our pistols. Later, I can do some rifle cases for our hunting rifles. And after I wreck enough leather, I will move on to the car projects...

Well, thanks for allowing me to ramble, and hope to see ya around on the forums!

Hilly

Welcome to the forum Hilly

Howdy!