albertacountrygirl

Searching For Old Purse Pattern Called Town Pak

I am seeking this old purse pattern that was called the "Town Pak". I lost a number of my patterns during a move and this is the only one I have yet to replace. Thanks to all for all your postings and help and advice! I learn so much from many of you!

Have you checked the leather library on Tandy's website?

the only one i have is the purse pattern pack with the down towner, not what you are looking for i guess?

Hi there, thanks for responding. Actually I don't have the pattern for the Down Towner so I wouldn't mind it as well. But, the Town Pak is the one I'm searching for. It was a really cute bag. Narrower at the bottom then angled out at the top. Only a small tab that folded over for the closure and had 2 short straps to hang on to (not a shoulder strap.). I made this bag for my mom back in the 70's I think it was. I have located most of my old patterns except for this one. And, wouldn't you know it, that's the one that this customer wants! If worse comes to worse, I can make my own pattern but didn't want to take the time to do that. Hopefully someone has it. I have searched on the Tandy site for their vintage patterns but it is not there. Thanks.

Patty

Hi Patty,

Are you still looking for this pattern?

I just purchased that kit and could send a copy of it to you if you would like.

Jo

Hi Jo, yes I am still looking for this pattern. I would love it if you could send a copy to me. Can you scan and email or what way is best to send it. Thanks.

me to if you have the time to send db

Yikes.. sorry I haven't been back on things are crazy at work... :oops:

Is scan and email the best for the both of you--albertacountrygirl and Greystone? If it is, I can do that this next week if you would

like to send me your email addys. Or whatever works for you.

@wolfwomanjo: Sounds like, from the description provided, that this bag is similar in design to what has been called the Rodeo in the handbag pattern pack from the Leathercraft Library. However, it doesn't have the handle loop section as it has been replaced with two short strap handles. Am I correct in the basic body design shape though? If not, could you send me a copy of this pattern, it sounds interesting and would be a great addition to the already large list of handbag patterns that I have collected over the decades.

Actually I think the Rodeo is a little closer in shape/size to the Marketplace handbag. But as I have

not seen the pieces to the Rodeo close up, I'm not sure.

It is just a bit of a thing around 9" tall and has 2 sides and a front and back, rather than just a front and back.

Jo

Hi wolfwomanjo - I would very much appreciate the pattern. Scan and email works for me. My email is: theleatherhut@hotmail.com Thank you very much.

Hey Wolfwomanjo,

Can you share a source for bag and purse patterns? Interested in locating patterns for bag construction with or without tooling also machine sewing vs. hand stitching . Thanks FD.

@wolfwomanjo: The Rodeo is similar to the Marketplace as far as how the top forms up into the handles and it is on a round bottom gusset base. The biggest difference though is that the Rodeo has a very prominent taper from bottom to top (small bottom and large top, I believe it is about a 6" base with the top being almost the same 14" as the Marketplace). I find it difficult to get the Rodeo into the hands of people as they see the loss of space of due to the taper but the Marketplace is a very popular item with me. I even had to make one for my accountant and marketing person (my wife) as she felt she couldn't get the kitchen sink into her other purse. She finally got it with the Marketplace though. Although I use some of the older/Vintage patterns for a base, I design my own accents such as pockets, etc. (we all know that we can't live without all that gadgetry) and for her Marketplace I had to actually make a pocket for her Nook eReader. Oh the joy of making custom items.