If you were making a number of moulded items could vacuum bagging be used to mould the leather over the forms.

Personally I think it could work. Possibly the only problem I can foresee is the drying of the leather.

I have vacuum bagging equipment that I use in fibreglassing.

Cheers

Frans

Yes!! And it's been mentioned here that some do it. You'll have to search for the posts. I could kick myself for selling ours a few years ago! I don't know about the drying part. I would assume it would hold it's shape if it was carefully taken out and it would dry the rest of the way but I don't know.

Yes, there are several threads about vaccum molding. Several holster makers use it. Go to the Holster forum I think you will find at leat one thread posted in the last week or so, however there are several others. Once you have your vaccum established and the shape formed you can continue to detail mold if needed through the bag using boning tool etc. Once your shape is set then remove from the bag and let dry.

Edited by camano ridge