leathernut

big dog chopper seat,i just finished..

just finished this seat for a customer in south carolina.. needs to be condtioned and sealed..

just finished this seat for a customer in south carolina.. needs to be condtioned and sealed..

100_1721.JPG

100_1725.JPG

post-2036-1201481674_thumb.jpg

post-2036-1201481812_thumb.jpg

that's a great looking seat man. It's freakin HUGE !! Is it harder to mold a big seat like that ? Post pics after you've seal and buff it. I bet it will really look rich in color then. Nice job man.

Very nice..... Try to get pix from the customer one it is mounted too

Yeah, I wanna see if they will be able to match your seat with the bike. Tell them to rebuild the bike if they have to so it is as bad ass as this classic seat.

thanks guys!! its a huge seat,for sure...i gotta cover the bottom still.took 25 yds of lace,for this seat..

freak ,yes it takes a bit more to mold.not to bad.just soak the living crap out of it and pull

and hope you get all the puckers out!!

Edited by leathernut

not bad!!

i have one of those to cover some time soon

Hey Dan, Keeping busy, huh? It's been a little while.

Nice job on the seat,

John

not bad!!

i have one of those to cover some time soon

I do too!

Leathernut:

Big questions...

1) Did you use the original pieces as patterns? [The reason I'm asking is when I took the vinyl off, the pieces were all stretched & bowed out of shape & I had to use a heat gun to shrink the bowed top piece so it would lay flat enough to make a pattern {I haven't even started on the side part yet...}]

2) How did you make the pattern for the side/lower piece? Did you cut it all out of 1 piece? [Again, why I'm asking is that the side is made of numerous pieces sewn together, & it is VERY stretched & bowed- I want to construct the side piece as a single unit... should I use the heat gun on the vinyl, or what?]

3) Do I need to make extra allowances for anything I've shrunk to lie flat for the pattern?

4) What weight leather did you use?

Any & all help is truly appreciated. This is my first seat & I hope I'm not in over my head! :helpsmilie::notworthy:

thanks roger!!!

john has been a while.how have you been? been pretty busy,not out of control,but steady..

whinewine

i usually make a diffrent template out of carboard or whatever is laying around ,i use 6-7 oz for the top and the 3-4 oz for the sides!!! i lay my top template over the 3-4 0z cut out the middle and transfer my hole,so lines right up .and add 1/8 edge for the holes.hopefully this makes sense..

Very nice looking seat leathernut, great job.

Ken