Averya

First Project.....be Kind

I made this set of saddle bags to match my black saddle for my horse from a stock pattern and design. It was a real learning experience and I will definitely change things in the future. Lots to learn, but for the most part they are very functional. I also lined them so they aren't rough on the inside.

post-33074-0-66301000-1352598327_thumb.j

post-33074-0-23224300-1352598371_thumb.j

Excellent job on your first try. The filigree with blue backing gives it as real nice look.

I think they are beautiful. yes there are some things like the lacing that you'll find gets easier, but I only hope my first set turns out as well. Cheryl

Good looking bags, they should give you many years of good service and look good as well.

Chief

Thanks for the nice comments. I spent over 30 years making a living as a glass artist, and now I'm starting all over again. It's a very humbling experience to begin learning a new craft at this stage in life. I'm amazed at what can be done with leather and in awe of some of the creativity, beauty, and precise craftsmanship I have seen on this site. Lots to learn and lots to live up to!