KAYAK45

Should I Buy A New Campbell?

I have been seriously looking at buying a campbell to get the "perfect stitch" for holsters and belts. I have now a great 31-15 singer, a 111w155 singer, a cowboy 4500 for long arm. Why not an awl and needle to finish the arsenal!

Your thoughts gratefully appreciated.

TALK ME OUT OF THIS!...... PLEASE!

You need a Singer 153W101 or 153E103 as a mate for the 111, you should be able to get a good one for $400 at the most. Then set your sights on the Campbell. It is a great machine, not the least bit of speculation that it made the stitch, kerchunk. You can sew linen with it with wax to lock in your stitches. Get Dan to send you one of his business cards on a piece of 14oz with a penny sewn on top of the card. I've run nylon through it and poly through it without a problem. Don't put wax on the bobbin thread unless you sew all day, every day, just wind the bobbin dry, and run a size smaller in the bobbin for the tightest stitches. I love the bobbins, they don't run out very often. You'll need a motorized bobbin winder that comes with it. If you have special applications, they can supply feet and other apparatus for it, there is even a plexiglass table for flat work.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but with the right attachments, you can sew darned near anything you can get in it.

Art

I have been seriously looking at buying a campbell to get the "perfect stitch" for holsters and belts. I have now a great 31-15 singer, a 111w155 singer, a cowboy 4500 for long arm. Why not an awl and needle to finish the arsenal!

Your thoughts gratefully appreciated.

TALK ME OUT OF THIS!...... PLEASE!

Thanks Art, but your no help in talking me out of this!

I thought this thread would get more comments, but hey, maybe it's just a good idea.????

1:) I will talk you out of buying a Campbell Randall machine to use in your shop. Buy it and have it shipped to me instead! ;-)

2:) The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to go to Yoakum Texas and get instruction on the premises, where the machines are sold.

If after being shown how to thread and operate the machine you still cannot Grok it, see suggestion #1.

1:) I will talk you out of buying a Campbell Randall machine to use in your shop. Buy it and have it shipped to me instead! ;-)

2:) The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to go to Yoakum Texas and get instruction on the premises, where the machines are sold.

If after being shown how to thread and operate the machine you still cannot Grok it, see suggestion #1.

I GROK! But it's still a little salty.