Sign in to follow this  
particle

Tooled Avenger

I don't really offer this as an option for my holsters, but I probably will before long. I must have flipped back and forth through the Stohlman holster book looking for bits and pieces to build a floral pattern to fit the space available. Pattern's not perfect, and I messed up in one or two (dozen) places, lost a bit of depth when I wet the holster to fold it in half, and again when I wet it to form it...

814972406_LNFEU-L.jpg

814972894_Avh2p-L.jpg

814973867_ewbrr-L.jpg

814979566_7cxuy-L.jpg

814980731_uRWEd-L.jpg

Very nicely done!!

Erik

You never cease to amaze me. Are you sure you were'nt a leatherworker and tooler in a past life? You seem to start out where everyone else would like to be in a year or so. Yeah a few whoops boos but not really noticeable and very attractive.

Haha - well, I've tooled some coasters for practice, and did a basket weave on one of my earliest holsters (turned out bad...), as well as a few Christmas ornaments, but this is my first attempt on a holster. I bought a few tools the other day at Tandy to help with these smaller patterns.

Looks really great to me!!

I think it's awesome!

Jeff

Now THAT'S Inspiration! I've watched Particle's post count growing with the rest of you, and am very inspired by his quick progress.

Thanks everyone - this holster used 8-9 oz. Herman Oak.

That's gotta be one of the neatest little holsters I ever saw. Molding is so clean that I almost wonder if you are a machine!!!

Faboulos and excellent craftmanship!!!

Tom

SOAB! There you go raising the bar again. That is super sharp!

Wow... I am not normally a big fan of floral carved holsters, mostly because I prefer a holster that is wet molded and well boned to the gun. You have combined the two arts to create a fantastic hoster that I would be proud to wear and show off. That is beautiful.

Please continue to post your work. Your style, detail boning and photography are inspirational.

-Tac

So nice and the stitching looks perfect too! What kind of sewing machine do you use?

Rob

So nice and the stitching looks perfect too! What kind of sewing machine do you use?

Rob

Thanks Rob - it was sewn with a Tippmann Boss.

Beautiful !! I only wish I could carve. That would be the one thing I'd really like to do again, is carve so I could make a holster as nice as yours ! Well done.

Best,

~ Rhome ~

DGL