Sign in to follow this  
urbanwrist

Apple Ipad Leather & Felt Wool Sleeves

We have been hard at work expanding our product line. These are some of our newest Ipad Leather & Wool sleeves we have designed. Some are made from veg tan leather which has been hand rubbed & tooled, while others are made from Latigo. All cases are cushioned with a Felt Wool interior for a secure and comfortable fit. An Apple Ipad will sleep like a baby.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

-J

p.s. TGIF

post-6495-042048900 1291405833_thumb.jpg

post-6495-029937500 1291405851_thumb.jpg

post-6495-041360100 1291406016_thumb.jpg

post-6495-087470200 1291406025_thumb.jpg

post-6495-066776600 1291406038_thumb.jpg

post-6495-037179600 1291406047_thumb.jpg

post-6495-059180700 1291406068_thumb.jpg

post-6495-041569900 1291406083_thumb.jpg

post-6495-002442800 1291406102_thumb.jpg

post-6495-066608500 1291406118_thumb.jpg

post-6495-022048000 1291406144_thumb.jpg

post-6495-046431100 1291406155_thumb.jpg

Edited by urbanwrist

I really like the patterns and coloring on your Ipad sleeves. I am trying to make a sleeve for an ipad for a christmas gift but am not sure of what the measurements should be. I dont mean I want your pattern or anything. I am just not sure how much bigger to make the case than the Ipad. Thanks!

Hey Menolly,

Thanks for the compliment, really appreciate it. In terms of the added space we usually add around 1/4 to each side for the ipad to give it a bit of breathing room.

In your case it all depends on the type of leather / material you are going to use and how thick it is. We actually did a few testers before we got it right for the styles / designs we wanted to come out it.

But start of with 1/4 on each side that should work for you.

-J

I really like the patterns and coloring on your Ipad sleeves. I am trying to make a sleeve for an ipad for a christmas gift but am not sure of what the measurements should be. I dont mean I want your pattern or anything. I am just not sure how much bigger to make the case than the Ipad. Thanks!

Some good looking sleeves & holders Joe. Checked out your website too, some nice work there too.

Looks like we're neighbors as well, I work near 8th & Fig.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Menolly & others - if you're looking to make ipad, kindle, etc. holders as a repeating project, check out ebay. There are a bunch of folks there that sell dummy units. I have one for the iPad that I use for measurements & pictures, much cheaper than buying the real thing (they're about $30) and it doesn't matter if I scratch it or get it wet. Here's one I've used and was happy with: http://stores.ebay.c...BestMart?_rdc=1

Very cool! Love the colors.

Thanks Spinner and no way .. 8th and Fig is right up the street from us, just a few blocks away. Yeah Menolly, like Spinner said check out ebay to get some dummy / display units for some of these accessories. We have a mixture of both, so I just buy the samples to save money and not worry about breaking / scratching and some I buy legit as I use them for personal use.

Some good looking sleeves & holders Joe. Checked out your website too, some nice work there too.

Looks like we're neighbors as well, I work near 8th & Fig.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Menolly & others - if you're looking to make ipad, kindle, etc. holders as a repeating project, check out ebay. There are a bunch of folks there that sell dummy units. I have one for the iPad that I use for measurements & pictures, much cheaper than buying the real thing (they're about $30) and it doesn't matter if I scratch it or get it wet. Here's one I've used and was happy with: http://stores.ebay.c...BestMart?_rdc=1

Thanks Particle, do you have any work of yours which we may see?

Very cool! Love the colors.

Thanks Particle, do you have any work of yours which we may see?

I've really only focused on holsters, but would like to make leather boxes, bags, cases, etc, but just haven't gotten around to it.. Last year, my mom asked me to make a leather box for her to store her genealogy research paperwork in, but I've been to busy keeping up with holster orders to try anything else. I've posted a bunch of photos to the holster section of this forum, or you can check out my website in my signature.

Very nice stuff, just checked out your website, great craftsmanship.

I've really only focused on holsters, but would like to make leather boxes, bags, cases, etc, but just haven't gotten around to it.. Last year, my mom asked me to make a leather box for her to store her genealogy research paperwork in, but I've been to busy keeping up with holster orders to try anything else. I've posted a bunch of photos to the holster section of this forum, or you can check out my website in my signature.

Thanks! Looking back at your site, your coloring is simply awesome. You've chosen great colors, and they have such a warm, rustic feel to them. Can I ask what type dyes you're using, and how you're applying them?

Thanks Spinner, and believe it or not, we use Fiebing's dye the same one's available at Tandy's or any shoe repair store.

Thanks! Looking back at your site, your coloring is simply awesome. You've chosen great colors, and they have such a warm, rustic feel to them. Can I ask what type dyes you're using, and how you're applying them?

Those all look great. I have one concern and that is the use of the metal buttons as closures on the front of the cases. My concern is that by creating a hard point the Ipad could get damaged if something hard were to hit the case on that button.

I too have been considering making Iphone/Ipad cases and so I have been studying them a bit. I own an Ipod touch and my friend has an Ipad. I don't think that I would put any sort of metal closure on the case which could lead to damage. I honestly think that it creates a product liability headache that you don't want with $500 devices.

I protect high end pool cues for a living so I am kind of sensitive to these things.

Other than that awesome job on the looks and designs. I know that deciding on patterns and colors is often one of the harder tasks on things like this.

Hey John,

Great observation, that is exactly the same thing that was running in our minds before we went ahead with this closure. The manila folders uses two snaps heads which are covered / padded from the bottom, so no metal part ever touches or makes contact with the product, also the reason why we use a leather lace to lock the feature so that there is no pressure while closing. If we would have gone with the conventional method of using a line 24 snap then yes, it would create some pressure and quite possible create some stress / scratches on the piece.

The sleeves only use a snap head on the top while using Velcro on the bottom, hence avoiding pressure / stress on the item. I hope this information serves of some use.

Please post your work when you get a chance so we can look at it.

-J

Those all look great. I have one concern and that is the use of the metal buttons as closures on the front of the cases. My concern is that by creating a hard point the Ipad could get damaged if something hard were to hit the case on that button.

I too have been considering making Iphone/Ipad cases and so I have been studying them a bit. I own an Ipod touch and my friend has an Ipad. I don't think that I would put any sort of metal closure on the case which could lead to damage. I honestly think that it creates a product liability headache that you don't want with $500 devices.

I protect high end pool cues for a living so I am kind of sensitive to these things.

Other than that awesome job on the looks and designs. I know that deciding on patterns and colors is often one of the harder tasks on things like this.