carolb

Adler 67-373 Is Broken Part Universal?

Hi. My husband tried adjusting the tension on my Adler 67 and I'm not sure how but broke the "split" bolt that goes through the tension spring. I have seen similar tension springs on other machines and am wondering if they are universal? Also where can I buy one? I cannot find them anywhere and I called the universal sewing machine supplies in MO and they told me their parts list does not go back that far. Does anyone know what the name of this part is? if anyone has one to sell me I would appreciate it! My husband put a piece of wood in between to "mend" it but I am not happy with that. adler sewing machine part 003.jpgadler sewing machine part 001.jpg

post-14806-0-58554800-1391122459_thumb.j

post-14806-0-73684800-1391122497_thumb.j

Do you think its the same bolt as what is on the Adler #167? I found a parts lit on the universalsewing.com site and from what I can tell it looks the same. But they do not have one in stock.

I think I can weld that. I live in Mo.

Hi. I am in Winnipeg, Canada. The company I called about parts was in MO - I found them on the internet.

I was thinking it could be welded but my husband was not sure. I guess I need to find someone that can do small parts.

Thanks!

Jeweler can silver solder it. Or even laser weld it.

The wood fix would probably last for years

Jeremy

Edited by J Hayes

I would not solder it.

A lot of machines are using the same tension assembly. I know for sure that singer 111 and older Duerkopp´s (today they are Duerkopp-Adler) used the same back then. I changed this part between my Singer 111 Duerkopp 245 and Duerkopp 252 w/o any trouble. And I´m pretty sure the new machines made by Techsew, Consew, Seiko and others are still using the same assembly. And they are fairly cheap!

I know the one on your Adler 67 looks different. It uses the "square type" and on my machines I have a "curved type" (these are my terms, not official terms) assembly but as long as it is technically the same... I would give it a try.

On Ebay you find the complete "curved" tension assemblies for about $11- $20

Scroll down here (or maybe you just find a new stud there):

http://www.ebay.com/...ension assembly

The "curved" ones look like this - see picture.

This is just an idea and probably not he perfect solution.

IMG_0984.JPG

post-31854-0-12661300-1391151916_thumb.j

But it all depends on if the tension release mechanism is the same.

Edited by Constabulary

A specific subclass was not mentioned, but most common is an Adler 67-373 (I have other 67- subclass books, too.)

Here below is a parts break down for the tension assembly, current Durkopp Adler part number 0099-004790, THREAD TENSION BOLT.

Give Universal a call with that number and they can put this on order for you. Cheers

67-373TensionParts.jpg

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Hi Gregg. I have the 67-372 T model with the walking foot. So do you think that the number in your diagram above will work for my machine?

The part number he is showing in the diagram is the correct part for your sewing machine. I have one just like it. 67-373 Adler

Thank you. So I'm assuming from both of you that the 67-373 and the 67-372 have the same tension bolt? Sorry, I can sew but am not mechanically inclined so I just want to sure before I order. Thank you all for your patience with me!

It will work.

Just to follow up, carolb and I have continued this through email, and yes, both the -372 and -373 models are the same.