Sign in to follow this  
rccolt45

source for leather

Hi guys, I am looking to jump up to something better then the leather they sell at my local Tandy store.

Can anyone suggest a good web store to buy tanned leather sides for making holsters that is not crazy expensive

that I can keep learning on and refining my stuff?

Check the ad banners at the top of the page, and/or go to the main page and look at the 'suppliers' section.

Edited by TwinOaks

http://www.zackwhite.com/product.php?productid=17760&cat=503&page=1

This leather was recommended to me by Boomstick. I'm just a hobbyist and am not making any money at this yet but I wanted something a better than the junk I had. I just received it and am working on the first project. So far it is a dream to work with compared to the Tandy stuff.

It does have some marks and graining in it but that doesn't bother me. If I wanted a completely smooth and characterless holster I'd make one out of plastic. The flesh side, however, is worlds better than the Tandy leather.

Bronson

http://www.zackwhite...&cat=503&page=1

This leather was recommended to me by Boomstick. I'm just a hobbyist and am not making any money at this yet but I wanted something a better than the junk I had. I just received it and am working on the first project. So far it is a dream to work with compared to the Tandy stuff.

It does have some marks and graining in it but that doesn't bother me. If I wanted a completely smooth and characterless holster I'd make one out of plastic. The flesh side, however, is worlds better than the Tandy leather.

Bronson

Thanks Bronson that helps alot.

Check Springfield Leather (see the banner ad). They stock Hermann Oak veg-tan sides, and Kevin will cut leather for small orders.

You won't find better leather to work with, or nicer people to deal with.

I second Kevin at springfeild. Also think herman oak leather is great for holsters,